Serving residents of Sacramento County
and parts of Placer, El Dorado and Yolo Counties.
Our office is located at:
9912 Business Park Drive, Suite #100
Sacramento, CA 95827
Since 1979, Mercy Hospice has been providing compassionate care to terminally ill patients and their families.
Mercy Hospice is certified and licensed to provide both the Medicare and Medi-Cal Hospice Benefit. In addition, Mercy Hospice serves hospice patients with other types of private insurance. Individuals without any financial means to obtain care are also considered with services paid for with donations from Mercy Foundation.
When individuals and their families are faced with a diagnosis of terminal illness, Mercy Hospice provides for their physical, emotional and spiritual comfort and care needs in the supportive surroundings of the patient's place of residence. This includes their home, residential care facility or skilled nursing facility.
To be eligible for Mercy Hospice services, patients must be:
- Diagnosed with a life-threatening illness
- Referred by a physician who orders hospice care
Hospice services include:
- Skilled nursing visits
- Expert pain and symptom management
- Physical, emotional and spiritual care for patient and family
- Caregiver support and education
- Volunteer services for companionship, emotional support and caregiver relief
- Specialty programs to meet cultural needs
- 24-hour-a-day availability of a registered nurse
- Bereavement support
- SOUL pet therapy program
For more information about Mercy Hospice services or to sign up as a volunteer, please call (916) 281-3900.